Sunday, August 21, 2016

About Squirrel Eats World

I've always loved food that told a story. From simmering hotpots to a refreshing bowl of cold Russian beet borscht. Food has always been a passion. My grandmother Jeanette recently told me that I should post my recipes on a blog for everyone to see. So I'm heeding her advice and sharing what I cook and what I eat with my family and the world.

The foods I enjoy range from traditional Japanese Kaiseki ( a multi-course Japanese dinner) to Eastern European foods that I have grown up with. I take recipes from my family and some I just make up on the fly.

Each of these foods have a sense memory for me. When I'm chowing down on some righteous Dim Sum, I'm taken back to the first time I eat chicken feet and fell madly in love with them. Some recipes do bring tears to my eyes because my Bubbie  Cesia (grandmother) taught me them and sadly she is no longer with us. Some have even made me cry out in frustration because of the intense steps, rare ingredients and tedious mise en place.

Come with me on this adventure through food. I'll share with you my passion for the culinary arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment